Lab Scanner Usage
1-2. X-ray of the cuspid region. The root of the second bicuspid will be extracted and the edentoulus space restored by crowns on fixtures.
3-4. Two scan flags are placed on the cast. As the two fixtures are too close, the fixtures will be scanned separately.
5-6. Scanning steps in which the two fixtures are scanned separately.
7. The software automatically merges the two scanns to generate a single one.
8-9. It is possible to appreciate on the screen how close the two fixtures are.
10-13. The software can shape the two abutments in order to leave a proper space between the two fixtures. The blue arrow shows that between the fixtures there are 2 mm.
14-19. The software can design a proper framework leaving adequate inter-proximal space. The software can also visualize where the screw’s hole is placed.
20. X-ray view of the two fixtures .
21. View of the two healing screws.
22. The two analogs on the cast.
23. The temporary prosthesis.
24. Buccal clinical view.
25. The temporary crowns on the cast.
26-27. Temporary crowns screwed on the fixtures.
28. Remodeling of the soft tissue after three months.
29. Pick-ups in place to make the final impression.
30. The two analogs on the impression.
31. The metal framework.
32-33. The metal framework screwed on the fixtures.
34-36. View of the metal framework on the cast.
37-39. Soft tissues were conditioned by temporary crowns.
40-43. Clinical and X-ray views of final prosthesis before and after being screwed on the fixtures.
Work by Dr. Marco Ferrari