Surgery of Impacted Third Molar
1. Rx exam showing the impact lower left 3rd molar. The roots are close to the mandibular nerve.
2. The flap is made mainly buccaly.
3. The flap is up and the bone is exposed.
4. After drilling the bone, the crown of the 3rd molar can be seen.
5. The distal part of the crown is cut.
6. The distal part of the crown is extracted.
7. Also the lingual part of the crown is cut.
8. The tooth is moved into its alveolar bone.
9. The lower alveolar nerve and vassel are detected and preserved.
10. The third molar after being extracted.
11. The area after the suture.
Work by Dr. Luigi Laino